Tuesday, September 30

Still sick

I am still feeling the crud in my sinus. It is times like this that I am so thankful that I rarely get sick. (Knocking on wood of course.) But then I think it makes me all the more pitiful when I do get sick.
A and I spent the morning on our errands that didn't get done yesterday. This included the RV store, the auto parts store, Hobby Lobby & Target. My favorite of course were the last two. Hobby Lobby provided some new Montessori materials to put away for later, some embroidery floss and bobbins to keep them (and the others) organized, lots of beautiful florals and a wreath base to make to celebrate fall. That last project will be put aside until I can recover my living room from the mass of stuff that was our vacation. (Only a little left to do.) Target was uber fun because I got to pick out my birthday presents from Hubs. I also got some new non-leaking sippy cups for our boy, a heat pad since our old one seems to be out on permanent loan, and I looked at the potty training tools that we will need to be purchasing soon. I am hopeful that the Montessori article I recently read is right when it suggests that a child is sensitive to toileting at around 18 months. Wouldn't that be grand? Target had some great eye candy for me and I was reluctant to leave the store. A was so tired that he fell asleep sitting up in the cart. As soon as I saw that he was going to stay asleep I scooped him up and laid him in the seat horizontally with his head proped on my purse for a pillow. It is amazing the places that kids can fall asleep.
Are you watching the ticker on the right side of the screen? My birthday is in just two days, well only one because there is only 30 minutes left to this day. Those who love me know that I certainly feel that my birthday should be a national holiday so I will be taking the day off of most of my domestic duties. I am thinking about taking A, Col & GG to the Art Museum to celebrate. We will see how I am feeling tomorrow to decide.
Well I need my rest so I am off to bed. Clinky with the NyQuil.

No comments:

Post a Comment