Friday, September 12

Hello Baseball Fans!

Rain, Rain , Go Away!
This morning it is raining. Not a lot but enough for me to be concerned about the baseball game tonight. I am not sure that A will be able to go.
Yesterday instead of dropping A off at Granny's house I decided to stay for a while myself and get in a visit. When he went down for a nap I did got to Barnes & Noble in search of Teach Me To Do It Myself by Maja Pitamic and Montessori Play & Learn by Lesley Britton. Unfortunately my local B&N does not carry these or other montessori titles in the store. So I had to order them in because these titles aren't available from my library. I hope they call me soon to pick them up. The good thing is that I got a 10% off coupon in my email last night so I will be able to use that to purchase these books.
My library did have a couple of books that I checked out yesterday. (I currently have 19 books checked out. EEK!) The first is Teaching Montessori in the Home by Elizabeth Hainstock. I started this one last night but didn't get too far into it before it was time to go to bed. I can't wait for some reading time this afternoon. I also got Raise a Smarter Child by Kindergarten, The Homeschooling Handbook, Baby Read Aloud Basics, and The ABC's of Homeschooling. I am not sure how much of each of these books will help me on my quest for home preschooling but it couldn't hurt to give them a quick read.
I am absolutely loving these blogs! Chasing Cherios and Montessori Free Fall. These moms have great ideas and I will certainly be taking their advice and incorporating it into our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment