Friday, June 13

Yesterday was FANTASTIC!

Big thanks to my MIL for taking the little one for the day. I was able to finish making the top and capri pants that I started forever ago. I feel so refreshed and ready to tackle the things I need to get done now. It is a great feeling. By the time I finished sewing the top and pants I was kinda done with the sewing for the day. I was also missing my boy so I went over there to visit earlier than the original plan. Looking back I could have done a few other things here. That is a time when a specific list would have really helped me to stay away from the fridge and on task. But I was feeling lost so I had to get out of the house.
Here is my lovely new outfit. I really like how comfortable the pants are but the top has a few issues. I do like the pattern though so I may make another in a different material with a few changes. I want to make the top a bit longer and fix the straps so the underside of my arms aren't rubbed by the interfaced material.
I am also going to make another pair of these pants in a darker material. I like the fit of them but want something more practical for playing with a busy toddler.

The next project on the block is curtains for my dad's bedroom. They should be super simple because it is just going to be straight panels with tab tops. Super easy. I should get the material cut while the boy is sleeping.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liz! Thanks for commenting on my blog. Yes, this business thing is a journey for sure but worth it (I hope) in the end. I just can't wait to get sewing again! Your capris and top are great. I want to make a top like that too!
    P.S. Where did you find me? I'm always curious where the links come from.

    ReplyDelete