Wednesday, May 28

Brain Food


Life has been full lately but not is a way that is great to blog about. So my goal of posting something daily that I have been creative about just hasn't happened. Why? I haven't had time to really sew much since the boy has been on a sleeping strike. I have had a chance to read a few different sewing and toddler parenting books thanks to my local public library.
What do I have this week?
1. Bend the Rules Sewing by Amy Karol. Her blog is here.
2. Sewing Simple Slipcovers by Tracy Munn.
3. The Everything Toddler Book by Linda Sonna, Ph.D.
4. How to Raise an Amazing Child the Montessori Way by Tim Seldin.
5. Montessori from the Start by Paula Polk Lillard and Lynn Lillard Jessen.
6. Unconditional Parenting by Alfie Kohn.

I haven't gotten to the last 2 but the others I have had a chance to bite into a bit.
Bend the Rules Sewing has so many great project that I want to give a try. I am really into the Simple Tote, Artsy Clutch and the Charming Handbag. I can't wait to try the Pleated Beauty Bag. There are also around the house projects that seem super simple and lots of fun. After I refinish (or replace) my coffee table I would love to have the Clever Coasters. When we get a house and have a dining table I would really like to make the Mixy-Matchy Napkins and a Modern Table Runner. We got some place mats as a wedding gift but they are very bland and I would love to make some really amazing ones that we could use all the time. Can I just say how much I love, love the Sugar-Sweet Curtains? The house we are looking at has the perfect office/crafting room that these would be fantastic for. And Cafe Curtains for the kitchen. Oh and there are lots of cute projects for the kiddos too. Bibs, Baby Blankets with a scalloped edge, the Sweet Wee Jacket and Swing Swing Smock (for my niece). Oh boy that sounds like a lot of stuff that I want to do. Maybe it is time to organize that into a someday, maybe list and sort through it.

Sewing Simple Slipcovers has a lot of great ideas and I will really use the information to recover my sofa and love seat. Now I just need to get some extra cash for the material and I am off to the races there.

I am only about half way through The Everything Toddler Book. Based on what I have read there is a bunch of great info in here. I can't wait to finish it so I can really share what I like about it.

How to Raise an Amazing Child the Montessori Way is another that I am only half finished with. The projects and ideas are presented in a really great format that is easy to read when you only have a few minutes to dig in. Again, I will wait to finish it before I review it.

The last two are on the back burner for the moment but I am sure will at least get a start before they are due back at the library. Thank goodness for being able to recheck out the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment